Common Nouns and Proper Nouns.A common noun tells the name of any person, place, or thing. A proper noun names a special person, place, or thing.
Underline each proper noun.
- The shirt is white.
- He bought that book from Andy's bookstore.
- We went to see a movie last weekend.
- Alan likes the month of May.
- The students visited Washington, D. C. last month.
- My little sister Amanda gave me a book to read.
- Alan and Eric are best friends.
- It takes 5 minutes to go to Oak City.
- Some kids are playing soccer in the park.