The Great Wall of China
Interesting facts about the Great Wall of China
- The Great Wall of China extends about 6,400 kilometers. The Great Wall of China has an average height of about 25 feet.
- The earliest known sections of the Great Wall of China were constructed in the 7th century BC. Then the first emperor of China had the walls connected into one big wall at 221 B.C.
- It was built by over a million people by hand and thousands of them died in the process. People who worked on the wall were the soldiers, common people, and criminals.
- Some sections of the Great Wall were built out of bricks and stones while some sections of wall were made out of earth and grass.
- The Great Wall of China is the biggest structure people have ever built.
- The Great wall of China was built to protect the agricultural lands from invasion and to keep the nation's people from vacating the empire.
What was the purpose to build the Great Wall?
What is the Great Wall of China made of?
How long is the Great Wall of China?